Supported by:
visit us:http://www.da-charmp2.ph

NEWS STORY

New opportunities emerge as CHARMP2 turns  over Balintang MPW

 

Balintang MPW

Hon. Melchor D. Diclas, Governor Nestor Fongwan, Barangay Captain Matthew Gatab  and other government  officials sign the turn over documents for the Balintang Multipurpose warehouse.

 

The light drizzle in Baculongan Sur, Buguias, Benguet did not dampen the spirits of the government officials, CHARMP2 staff and especially the resident beneficiaries who gathered for the turn over and acceptance ceremonies of Balintang multipurpose warehouse on October 30, 2015.

 

The sub project costs two million pesos with CHARMP2 providing 70% or 1,4000,000 pesos and the LGUs providing the remaining 30%. Both the MLGU and PLGU contributed 15% or 300,000 pesos. The two story multi-purpose warehouse already has complete accessories and comfort rooms. 

 

According to barangay captain and LIGA president Mathew Gatab, they already have numerous plans for the multi-purpose warehouse including storage for farming products, possible venue for barangay meetings and a day care center.

 

“Dati humihiram kami sa church ng puwedeng paglagyan ng day care center, pero ngayong may multi-purpose warehouse na baka puwede na dito”. There has also been a possibility of using the warehouse for a health center. In response to this Engineer Mary Anne Fianza of the CHARMP2 Provincial Coordinating Office (PCO) said: “daytoy apo mai-turn- over kadakayo nga barangay, maakseptar nga nalpas, mausar yo iti husto ket maaramidan yo ti operation and maintenance policy. Nainayon man jay kunkunayo yu nga mainayon ti health center ket mabalin latta basta adda jay prioritization no anya ti aramiden yo nga purpose  iti daytoy nga building.” (This project will be turned over to your barangay, you have accepted it as fully completed. Use it properly because you will also be responsible for its operation and maintenance policy. Some of you have said that it can be a health center, it can be done as long as you include it in your prioritization in the purpose of this building.)

 

Benguet Governor Nestor B. Fongwan urged the beneficiaries to continue making proposals for other possible government assistances such as the Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP). According to him, the beneficiaries should grab the opportunity presented by these projects as a resource for the maintenance of the existing sub projects or proposals for new needed assistances.

 

The barangay officials are set to have a follow up meeting to discuss further the possible strategies for the warehouse usage and maintenance.// Arianne Robea Nebrida


print storyPrint Story